mardi 14 septembre 2010

September 14

Yesterday was my FIRST real life French class, and I don't think it was the funnest class I've ever had. I would never really sign myself up for History of  English Litterature of the 20th Century, so the same class in French isn't appealing. The good news is I can understand people finally! My host family probably thought I was an idiot for the first week because I just stared at them everytime they spoke. They are SO nice and help me all the time with words, books, etc. All of the kids are super nice too and they explain everything little thing to me. They watch American shows on TV everynight that have been translated in to French and then during every commercial they fight over who is going to explain what is going on. I enjoy the arguing at dinner/bed time; it makes me feel at home :).
This weekend we visited Cannes and L'ile St. Honorat. We took a train to Cannes and then a boat to the island. Both were SO gorgeous. We got to lay out all day, since there are rarely any clouds here. It was an easier trip than last weekend which involved a 5 hour hike in mountains that were 2 hours away by bus. We also saw the village of Sigal, which has about 200 people living in it, and it was very  pretty. I could've slept for a week after it, but it was well worth it!!! The intense workout also made me feel better about how frequently I eat gelato..
Jacqueline and Anna and I wore dresses to the hike on accident because we didn't realize it would be so involved....but it was involved alright. We also go to the beach everyday together, which is very easy to do considering our classes meet once a week for 2 hours! This schedule thing is much better than it is in America.
Oh, and I miss my mom. Thank God skype exists, because if it didn't, I'm not sure how my dad would give me "tours" of my OWN HOME with his computer when he runs out of things to talk about.
The beach awaits me!!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire