jeudi 16 septembre 2010

September 16

I LOVE that my weekends start on Thursday! Classes stink, but it's well worth suffering in them for a three day weekend. Classes in France only meet once a week for 2 hours, but in the U.S. they are required to meet for 3 hours a week so everyone had to pick up an extra class in order to get enough transfer credits. My schedule, fortunately for me, will now include 4 hours of bible study (in French) rather than 2. The Jesuits at Le Moyne will be so happy about this.
I went to the beach after class today and it was a perfect day, as usual. I think it's 80 degrees and sunny EVERYDAY. I don't know how people actually go to their jobs instead of the beach! Theres a chance of rain this weekend, but there will be activities in the city (other than the beach) because satuday is Le Patrimoine. This is kind of like Heritage Day in the U.S., but everyone here celebrates being French by visiting ancient buildings (museums, chapels, castles, etc.). A lot of these buildings are private, or closed most of the year, so it gives everyone an opportunity to take a tour of someplace that is rarely open to the public. There will actually be tours of my house all day Saturday! We live upstairs, but the downstairs is thousands of books with all of Nice's archives. The palace and garden are GORGEOUS so apparently a lot of people like to come check it out.

Other than Sunday, we didn't take any really special trips this week. We had our first French classes, and have been spending a lot of time trying to figure out our schedules. Even though I don't have anything TOO exciting to say today it is still exciting to walk to the beach every single day after class, and then walk to the mall/stores when my sunburn starts to get too bad ;)

1 commentaire:

  1. Hi Meg!!! Awesome blog. This is such a great way to keep friends and family updated. When I did my term abroad in England, I emailed my mom every other day and she appreciated it. I'm sure Dawne will love it.

    One thing - all the comment directions (like choose a profile and submit) are in French. I'm not sure I'll even be able to post this. Giving it a shot!

    Have a great time over there. It will go by so fast. It looks and sounds amazing! Have fun, but can't wait to see you in December.

    RépondreSupprimer